67 Dodge Dart GTS
- Number Produced: Total 457 built from Feb. 1967 to June 1967
- All 1967 Dart GTS had 383 Four Barrel Engines and rated at 280 HP with 400 Ft.lbs of Torque.
- There were 228 Automatics built and 229 Four Speeds built in the 5 month production run.
- All GTS 383 Engines were hand installed at the factory from the top
- All GTS built in 1967 had the GT Premium Interior either Bench seat or Buckets and Console.
- All GTS had the Ralleye Suspension which gave you Rotors with 4 piston calipers, Heavy duty Torsion bars, Front sway bar and Super Stock rear Springs (6 Leaf).
- All GTS had NO power Steering and NO Air Conditioning due to Engine size
Specific Information about this car: (Fender Tag codes in brackets)
- Produced on Mar. 6, 1967 and was the 184,279th car scheduled for production at the
Hamtramck, MI assembly plant.
- 383 Four Barrel – 3 Speed Automatic with Red Streak Tires
- Painted in WW1 – White top White Body
- Premium Dart GT Interior (TP) with Buckets (B4) and Console (A6)
- Power Brakes (H1) Front Disc Brakes (D9) AM Radio (R1) Fender Mount Turn Signal (H7)
- California Clean Air Package (E1) Front Windshield Tint Only (X2)
- Moulding – Body Sill Narrow (J4) and a Sold Car (U1)
Sold in Oct. 1967 to G Mayette and he kept the car until Nov. 1989 from Norm King Dodge.
The history indicates the engine was replaced under warranty (Casting date Mar. 8, 1967)
Traded in to Glendora Dodge where J Lucas purchased the car for $600.00. Jim striped the car down to rolling chassis and did paint job, Interior and Overhauled Engine and Transmission at 66, 329 Miles. J Lucas had the car until 1997 and sold it to friend M Lane due to a divorce. Mr. Lane drove it until 2012 and then was sold to C Shreyer who took the car to Arizona. From there the car ended up in Cedar Rapids Iowa from where I purchased the car and brought it
to Alberta. The car now has under 87,000 miles on it. The under carriage of the car has never been touched and all sheet metal is original except Left Front fender. It had been hit and during restoration they want no body filler. They found a good original fender to put on the car. The car lived in California from 1967 until 2012 with in a 30 mile radius of the original selling dealer. I have the original Owner’s Manual, CertiCard and Original Black Plates from California that were on the car until 2012.